From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:57:43
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that have
7 >> done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there issues? I'm
8 >> mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I have. Just a simple
9 >> works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice. List issues if you had any.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks for the feedback.
12 >>
13 >> Dale
14 >>
15 >> :-) :-)
16 >>
17 > Hi Dale,
18 > I've now done 5 stable machines - 4 hardware and 1 VM. I haven't
19 > had any significant problems on any of them. The update takes well
20 > less that 30 minutes and, for me anyway, has been relatively pain free
21 > compared to other historic Gentoo upgrades.
22 >
23 > Cheers,
24 > Mark
28 Yep. I agree. Of all the things that have caused problems in the past,
29 this was a doozy. It had the potential to really bork a system. It
30 appears to have been a very easy one. I don't think anyone had a REALLY
31 big problem with this upgrade. The devs made sure all the ducks was in
32 line on this one. Yeppie for that.
33
34 Dale
35