From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Dead key on keyboard diagnostic?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:30:18
1 Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > James wrote:
5 > > I think my 'delete' key has quite working on a portable. Any
6 > > programs or tricks for diagnosis the problem ?
7
8 > Switch to a VT and run 'showkey' to see whether it still produces
9 > scan codes.
10
11 showkey shows press and release of ascii '83' so I guess it working fine.
12 My second delete key works fine, but is in an awkward location
13 on the keyboard. This problem showed up recently after an emerge update world.
14
15 Any ideas how to fix this? new map? When I boot (2.6.14-gentoo-r6)
16 the laptop, I get an error messge about :
17 System.map not found can not check symbols
18
19 Ideas?
22 James
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list