From: wireless@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Securely deletion of an HDD
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:22:37
1 On 07/13/2015 10:10 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 >> With regards to the other replies: I think physical destruction is
4 >> unnecessary, and I don't really want to go through the trouble.
5 > If it's "trouble" rather than "fun", then you're doing it wrong. :)
6
7 Brilliant statement::
8
9 > Others favor a high-powered rifle or an 8lb sledge.
12 In my impetuous youth, The first time I got to work under an old
13 AT&T unix license, we had several heated debates with nerds from DC
14 and Jersey..... turns out I was right; you could kill an "phone switch"
15 with a single shot (and old at&t 3Bx series).
16
17 I took out a .338 with a questionable round and one shot turned off
18 3 out of 4 drives and most of the processors. The a_holes went back
19 to their agency; and I lost some very valuable potential clients.
20 But Grant is most correct!; if it ain't fun why fork with it?
21
22 I did become great friends with some folks from the jersey labs......
23
24 cheers!
25 James