From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: rpm or deb package installs
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:00:41
1 On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:08:55 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > > I doubt dpkg and rpm aren't going to be much use to you, unless you
4 > > really want to run two package managers. Besides, both are not
5 > > especially useful with the front ends apt* and yum.
6 >
7 > I'd just use those to unpackage and maybe preprocess some of the codes.
8 >
9 > Agreed. I do not want a full blown deb or rpm package manager just
10 > a way to install and evaluate some of those codes before beginning a
11 > more arduous and comprehensive task.
12
13 In that case you ware deb2targz or rpm2targz to convert the package to a
14 tarball. then you can unpack it and inspect the contents.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If it ain't broke, break it and charge for repair.