From: Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing an overlay
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:30:12
1 Excellent. thank you. Both responses are very helpful.
2
3 Alan
4
5 On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 3:06 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
6
7 > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:25:12 -0500, Alan Warren wrote:
8 >
9 > > I'm surprised packages in overlays take precedence over portage.
10 >
11 > > Is
12 > > there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
13 > > "everything" ?
14 >
15 > An overlay has to take precedence, otherwise putting a fixed ebuild in
16 > your local overlay will have no effect.
17 >
18 > > Is
19 > > there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
20 > > "everything" ?
21 >
22 > What I do it ad the overlay with layman, so it is kept up to date, but
23 > don't add it to make.conf. Then I symlink the packages I want from that
24 > overlay to my local overlay.
27 > --
28 > Neil Bothwick
29 >
30 > You are about to give someone a piece of your mind,
31 > something you can ill afford...
32 >