From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] removing an overlay
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:06:33
1 On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:25:12 -0500, Alan Warren wrote:
2
3 > I'm surprised packages in overlays take precedence over portage.
4
5 > Is
6 > there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
7 > "everything" ?
8
9 An overlay has to take precedence, otherwise putting a fixed ebuild in
10 your local overlay will have no effect.
11
12 > Is
13 > there any way to get a single package from an overlay without taking
14 > "everything" ?
15
16 What I do it ad the overlay with layman, so it is kept up to date, but
17 don't add it to make.conf. Then I symlink the packages I want from that
18 overlay to my local overlay.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 You are about to give someone a piece of your mind,
25 something you can ill afford...