From: Adam Holisky <linux@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot help
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:22:57
1 I just did this myself with an amd64 system. My recommendation is to use the
2 genkernel at first, and then go through and configure it yourself after the
3 system is up and running - and you know you have a stable system to fall back
4 on. I've also found the most success - at least as far as everything
5 on my box
6 working smoothly - by using the gentoo suplied kernels/config/patches.
7
8 I agree with the post below, your exact issue is almost positvly a issue of
9 compiling SATA support, and if you use genkernel, it will compile in support
10 for you. The part of the documentation you need to look at is here, assuming
11 that you've already emerged the kernel source:
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?part=1&chap=7#doc_chap4
13
14 If however, you're doing a dual boot with windows, you're partition map would
15 likely be different, with /dev/sda3 not being your linnux root, and you
16 need to
19 Good luck! - Adam.
20