From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox - serial port
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:19:02
1 On 09/18/12 15:03, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 >>The tty0 has permission:
6 >>
7 >>ls -l /dev/ttyS0
8 >>crw-rw---- 1 root tty 4, 64 Sep 17 20:56 /dev/ttyS0
9 >>
10 >>Is the above correct permission?
11 >>
12 >>Thanks,
13 >
14 >Those are default permissions. However those normally won't give a normal user access. You can change the permissions of that file/device to enable your user to have access.
15 >
16 >I am typing this on my mobile and can't quickly tell you how to do that on a permanent basis. But for a quick change you can use 'chown' to change the owner to your own user.
17
18 Though, I forgot to mention that I'm in tty group so I have access to this file.
21 Joseph