From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-power/upower with systemd
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:08:44
1 On 06/24/2014 10:01:24 AM, Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > Am Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:39:13 -0400
3 > schrieb gottlieb@×××.edu:
4 >
5 > > I think I had first misinterpreted the news msg, but want to be
6 > sure I
7 > > do understand it correctly now.
8 > >
9 > > The message ends with
10 > >
11 > > All non-systemd users are recommended to choose between:
12 > > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace 'sys-power/upower-pm-utils'
13 > > or
14 > > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
15 > > However, all systemd users are recommended to stay with
16 > sys-power/upower.
17 > >
18 > > I first read "stay with sys-power/upower" to mean systemd users
19 > should
20 > > NOT do any of the two options for non-systemd users and let portage
21 > "do
22 > > its thing". However, portage want to replace upower with
23 > > upower-pm-utils, which I am pretty sure is not intended for systemd
24 > > users.
25 > >
26 > > Is the proper reading of the news message, that the systemd users
27 > should
28 > > use the second option available for non-systemd users?
29 > Specifically am
30 > > I to execute
31 > >
32 > > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
33 > >
34 > > ?
35 >
36 > Um, personally, I think the message is extremely clear: non-systemd
37 > users
38 > should choose between the first two options, and systemd users should
39 > just
40 > stick with plain upower, regardless of version (although there is
41 > only one
42 > ATM, the older one is masked now).
45 Hi, please tell me - what is a systemd user?
46
47 I have systemd AND openrc installed here and I still don't use systemd
48 as my
49 init system. Am I a systemd user?
50 I ask because I cannot installed some packages, some require
51 upower-0.99.0
52 others fail with it.
53
54 Thanks,