From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-power/upower with systemd
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:01:55
1 Am Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:39:13 -0400
2 schrieb gottlieb@×××.edu:
3
4 > I think I had first misinterpreted the news msg, but want to be sure I
5 > do understand it correctly now.
6 >
7 > The message ends with
8 >
9 > All non-systemd users are recommended to choose between:
10 > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace 'sys-power/upower-pm-utils'
11 > or
12 > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
13 > However, all systemd users are recommended to stay with sys-power/upower.
14 >
15 > I first read "stay with sys-power/upower" to mean systemd users should
16 > NOT do any of the two options for non-systemd users and let portage "do
17 > its thing". However, portage want to replace upower with
18 > upower-pm-utils, which I am pretty sure is not intended for systemd
19 > users.
20 >
21 > Is the proper reading of the news message, that the systemd users should
22 > use the second option available for non-systemd users? Specifically am
23 > I to execute
24 >
25 > # emerge --oneshot --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
26 >
27 > ?
28
29 Um, personally, I think the message is extremely clear: non-systemd users
30 should choose between the first two options, and systemd users should just
31 stick with plain upower, regardless of version (although there is only one
32 ATM, the older one is masked now).
33
34 > thanks in advance,
35 > allan
38 HTH
39 --
40 Marc Joliet
41 --
42 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
43 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup