From: Zaam Wu <zaamwu@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xfce2 logout/shutdown delayed for 2 minutes
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 01:55:26
1 I am not sure whether this is the right group to post this
2 message. But the issue does happen after a Gentoo @world update.
3
4 After login into console, 'startx' will launch Xfce4
5 desktop. Everything works like a charm.
6
7 A few days ago:
8
9 1) @world update;
10
11 2) reinstall Emacs (USE="gtkgtk3") to USE="athena Xaw3d -gtk
12 -gtk3".
13
14 If I logout or shutdown through Xfce4 panel "Shutdown" or "Log
15 Out", xfce "Shutdown" or "Lot Out" will be delayed for almost 2
16 minutes. During this period, Xfce4 desktop stands still and do
17 nothing.
18
19 When I click 'Shutdown" or "Log Out" again, an error message pops
20 up:
21
22 Failed to run action "Shut Down"
23 Session manager must be in idle state when requesting a
24 shutdown
25
26 Interestingly, this issue usually is accompanied with Emacs daemon
27 editing. If I does not lanuch Emacs daemon to edit file (no daemon
28 process in the whole login session), Xfce4 shutdown or logout
29 normally without delay.
30
31 Googled around and a few posts suggest 'rm
32 ~/.cache/session/xfce4*'. But still does NOT solve
33 my problem.
36 Hello, world!