From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerging with distcc: What's taking so long?
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 01:36:16
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 09:48:42PM +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > P.S.: distccmon is a good tool to watch the compilation processes.
6 >
7 > I never got it to display anything. I just tried it again: synced
8 > portage and ran a world update -- 16 Packages, among them
9 > kdevplatform, a lengthy Qt package (which by the way is one of those
10 > who benefit greatly from compression if distcc’ed over a slow
11 > network).
12 >
13 > At no time during building did I see any activity in distccmon-gui. I
14 > started it on both client and server and as my own user as well as
15 > root. Nada. Can you give a suggestion? Thanks.
18 I remembered something:
19
20 It is important to use the same value for the DISTCC_DIR environment
21 variable as the user running the client and that this directory is
22 readable by the user that is running distccmon.
25 Regards
26 wabe