From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerging with distcc: What's taking so long?
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 23:25:20
1 On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 09:48:42PM +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2
3 > P.S.: distccmon is a good tool to watch the compilation processes.
4
5 I never got it to display anything. I just tried it again: synced portage
6 and ran a world update -- 16 Packages, among them kdevplatform, a lengthy
7 Qt package (which by the way is one of those who benefit greatly from
8 compression if distcc’ed over a slow network).
9
10 At no time during building did I see any activity in distccmon-gui. I
11 started it on both client and server and as my own user as well as root.
12 Nada. Can you give a suggestion? Thanks.
15 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
16 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
17
18 What woman is looking for a man who is looking for a woman looking for a man?