From: Dan Egli <dan@×××××××××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel source (gentoo-sources) ignore CC=
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:33:17
1 Hey all. I have an OLD laptop that I'm trying to compile the latest
2 Gentoo for (don't ask, it's a long story). To help speed things up, I
3 installed distcc on the laptop and on another linux computer. But when I
4 try to compile the kernel source into a workable kernel, it completely
5 ignores the CC definition and calls i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc for it's C
6 compiler. The kernel tree is too complicated for me to understand the
7 make hierarchy used, so I can't look in the Makefile(s) to see if it's
8 getting overridden somewhere in there.
9
10 Short of replacing i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc with a symlink to distcc, what
11 can be done to fix this?
12
13 Thanks!