From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print to cups printer from Windows - any good instructions?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:22:23
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm looking around for up to date instructions/wikis/howtos on how
4 > to set up Samba on my CUPS server to allow me to print from Windows.
7 It's been a very long time since I was stupid enough to run Windows on
8 any of my machines. However, when I did, I didn't have to do anything
9 special to print from Windows (WinXP) to a Gentoo CUPS server, I didn't
10 have to do anything special at all. It certainly didn't involve Samba as
11 I've never had any use for it. I wish I could remember more to help you.
14 Be lucky,
15
16 Neil