From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m I don't want modules here.
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:49:59
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:00:52 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> What is this and why is it so persistent about it having to be there?
6 >> I'm fine with it being built in but I just don't like modules.
9 > Then don't set CONFIG_MODULES ;-)
14 Changed that now. It sort of puked when I ran make by asking this:
15
16 Enable loadable module support (MODULES) [N/y/?] (NEW) N
17
18 Now I get this:
19
20 The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
21 Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
22 Then build a kernel with module support enabled.
23
24 make: *** [modules_install] Error 1
27 Apparently it doesn't like the idea. Now what? Do I have to have
28 modules because of this mess? o_O
29
30 Thanks.
31