From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and gnome3
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:32:33
1 On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Does anyone use systemd on gentoo, with gnome3?
4 >
5 > Would someone share a tarball of /etc/systemd/system with me (off-list)
6 > so I could figure out what services and stuff are needed?
7 >
8 > Tried to follow the wiki-pages, but somehow after logging into gdm the
9 > session hangs ...
10
11 I'm running GNOME 3 with, systemd 44 and udev 186, the first from my overlay:
12
13 https://github.com/canek-pelaez/gentoo-systemd-only/
14
15 However, the ebuilds in my overlay just change some dependencies so I
16 don't need to install OpenRC. Otherwise, they are identical to the
17 ones in the official tree. As Peter, I have the line
18
19 -session optional pam_systemd.so
20
21 in /etc/pam.d/system-auth. However, I still have consolekit started
22 (no problems whatsoever).
23
24 All in all, I run systemd+GNOME3 very close to the official tree, as I
25 said. I have been doing it since last year; usually I don't have any
26 problem. A little more info would help; what does
27 $HOME/.xsession-errors says?
28
29 Regards.
30 --