From: Peter Alfredsen <peter.alfredsen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and gnome3
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:56:06
1 On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Does anyone use systemd on gentoo, with gnome3?
5 >>
6 >> Would someone share a tarball of /etc/systemd/system with me (off-list)
7 >> so I could figure out what services and stuff are needed?
8 >>
9 >> Tried to follow the wiki-pages, but somehow after logging into gdm the
10 >> session hangs ...
11 >
12 > I'm running GNOME 3 with, systemd 44 and udev 186, the first from my overlay:
13 >
14 > https://github.com/canek-pelaez/gentoo-systemd-only/
15 >
16 > However, the ebuilds in my overlay just change some dependencies so I
17 > don't need to install OpenRC. Otherwise, they are identical to the
18 > ones in the official tree. As Peter, I have the line
19 >
20 > -session optional pam_systemd.so
21 >
22 > in /etc/pam.d/system-auth. However, I still have consolekit started
23 > (no problems whatsoever).
24
25 There were some integration issues in upstream Gnome where most
26 distros changed abruptly from using consolekit to systemd-logind which
27 affected me when I went from systemd-44 to -185 because I ran into
28 some race condition with -44. I imagine using consolekit will probably
29 work in ~arch with no unmasks if you don't run into those race
30 conditions on -44. But you gotta admit, it will probably be easier to
31 follow the way Redhat is doing it than starting mixing and matching,
32 because you will know that at least your combination works somewhere.
33
34 /Peter