From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:48:59
1 Bruce Hill wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 03:57:52AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> FWIW, swearing here is rare. Usually it's understandable when it
4 >> happens.
5 >>
6 >> Threads like this current one are also rare. Unfortunately of late they
7 >> usually involve Lennart, and that's understandable too:
8 >>
9 >> In trying to solve a general problem, Lennart has a knack for breaking
10 >> Gentoo - this distro does not fit the general problems he works on.
11 >>
12 >> Stick around, this list is worth the effort.
13 > Dale made some good points. Whether or not one chooses to use profanity, this
14 > list should be about supporting Gentoo users, eh?
15 >
16 > If we also stick to helping someone with their problem, and refrain from
17 > replying about how bad or useless we think an app or ideal might be to us, we
18 > could avoid flame wars.
19 >
20 > But, also, there are always those who enjoy the comparison of "mine is better
21 > than yours".
22
23 I got two things from his reply to me earlier. First, he talks about
24 not offending someone then goes and does it anyway. Second, he is going
25 to continue to do it even after people have asked him not to. I don't
26 think I am the first person to bring up his language and/or attitude
27 either. I think anyone that read his reply to me can see for themselves
28 who and what he is and what he will do in the future on this list. Now
29 they get to decide whether to do the same as I have done. For the first
30 time in over eight years, I have blacklisted a person. That's not just
31 a first for this list but for anyone, anywhere.
32
33 I just hope this corrects itself before this turns Gentoo back several
34 years to what was a really bad time for all of us. Disagreement is one
35 thing but this is totally uncalled for.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!