From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:36:47
1 On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2011-09-06, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> As for cups being "huge", the standard install comprises over 500
5 >> files. That's still huge in my book.
6 >
7 > Most of those are going to be ppd files, right? File a bug asking for
8 > 'use' flags, or an ebuild split, or some other mechanism to only
9 > install a subset of those.
10
11 Actually, in my case I only have 9 ppd files in my computer, none of
12 them installed by CUPS. The bulk of files in net-print/cups is man
13 pages (51), html pages for the web interface (110) and templates
14 (140). Right there is thr 60% of the whole package.
15
16 Really, CUPS is a very small daemon for all the things it does. I
17 don't see any gain by splitting the package.
18
19 Regards
20 --
21 Canek Peláez Valdés