From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD and large files
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 10:55:34
1 Sebastian Günther <samson@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > > root@smoker / # equery list cdr
4 > > * installed packages
5 > > [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.2 (0)
6 > > [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrkit-1.1.6 (0)
7 > > root@smoker / #
8 > >
9 > To be faster than Jörg:
10 >
11 > He will advise you to unmerge cdrkit and merge cdrtools, but first
12 > please look for the size of the tarball and the options set in K3b
13
14 You are correct, the genisoimage program is a fork from a very old
15 version of mkisofs. Enhancements and bugfixes done during the past 3 years are
16 not available in the clone. Instead, new bugs have been added by the
17 maintainers.
18
19 Be careful: genisoimage claims to support larger files but the created
20 filesystem images are broken. Mkisofs did add support for files > 4 GB
21 aprox. 2 years ago. Mkisofs added support for importing multi-session
22 files > 4 GB from old sessions in May 2008.
26 Jörg
29 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
30 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)
31 schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/