From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD and large files
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 06:31:14
1 * Dale (dalek1967@×××××××××.net) [04.07.08 05:25]:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > After getting the mailing list working I did some techy shopping. I got me
5 > a new DVD burner and k3b does not like large files. I used Kbackup to
6 > create a tarball of my data. K3b gives me a error saying the file is to
7 > large. I did some googling and searched around on the forums, even posted
8 > on one thread, but I can not figure out how to get this thing to burn.
9 > Will it just not burn large files or what?
10 >
11 How big is the tarball?
12 # ls -lh <tarball>
13
14 Check if you have set the Medium size correctly in K3b. Maybe you try to
15 burn it on a CD...
16
17 > root@smoker / # equery list cdr
18 > * installed packages
19 > [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.2 (0)
20 > [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrkit-1.1.6 (0)
21 > root@smoker / #
22 >
23 To be faster than Jörg:
24
25 He will advise you to unmerge cdrkit and merge cdrtools, but first
26 please look for the size of the tarball and the options set in K3b
27
28 > root@smoker / # emerge -vp k3b
31 HTH
32 Sebastian
35 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
36
37 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de