From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DVD and large files
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 03:24:26
1 Hi folks,
2
3 After getting the mailing list working I did some techy shopping. I got
4 me a new DVD burner and k3b does not like large files. I used Kbackup
5 to create a tarball of my data. K3b gives me a error saying the file is
6 to large. I did some googling and searched around on the forums, even
7 posted on one thread, but I can not figure out how to get this thing to
8 burn. Will it just not burn large files or what?
9
10 root@smoker / # equery list cdr
11 * installed packages
12 [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.2 (0)
13 [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrkit-1.1.6 (0)
14 root@smoker / #
15
16 root@smoker / # emerge -vp k3b
17
18 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
19
20 Calculating dependencies... done!
21 [ebuild R ] app-cdr/k3b-1.0.4 USE="alsa arts dvdr dvdread encode
22 hal mp3 vorbis -css -debug -emovix -ffmpeg -flac -musepack -musicbrainz
23 -sndfile -vcd -xinerama" LINGUAS="-af -ar -bg -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da
24 -de -el -en_GB -es -et -eu -fa -fi -fr -ga -gl -he -hi -hu -is -it -ja
25 -ka -lt -mk -ms -nb -nds -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ru -rw -se -sk -sr
26 -sr@Latn -sv -ta -tr -uk -uz -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
27
28 Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
29 root@smoker / #
30
31 <*> UDF file system support
32
33 root@smoker / # uname -r
34 2.6.23-gentoo-r8
35 root@smoker / #
36
37 I also tried switching to cdrtools with no change. Oh, also recompiled
38 k3b after changing that, just to make sure.
39
40 Thanks
41
42 Dale