From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xdm doesn´t start anymore
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:52:20
1 On Friday 22 September 2006 20:21, Oliver Klein wrote:
2 > After update the hole system xdm doesn´t start anymore. During the boot
3 > process i saw this error message
4 >
5 > /sbin/start-stop-daemon stat /usr/bin/xdm no such file or directory
6 > Error could not start the display manager
7 >
8 > I have installed xorg-7.0 and in my rc.conf i add the following lines
9 >
10 > ISPLAYMANAGER="xdm"
11 > XSESSION="kde-3.5"
12 >
13 > So what´s wrong here and how can i solve this? Thx in advance!
14
15 Did you follow the migration guide [1]? Did you emerge x11-apps/xdm (or
16 virtual/x11)? If you did please post the output of (equery is part of
17 app-portage/gentoolkit):
18
19 # equery check x11-apps/xdm
20