From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xdm doesn´t start anymore
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:43:03
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Friday 22 September 2006 20:21, Oliver Klein wrote:
3 >> After update the hole system xdm doesn´t start anymore. During the boot
4 >> process i saw this error message
5 >>
6 >> /sbin/start-stop-daemon stat /usr/bin/xdm no such file or directory
7 >> Error could not start the display manager
8 >>
9 >> I have installed xorg-7.0 and in my rc.conf i add the following lines
10 >>
11 >> ISPLAYMANAGER="xdm"
14 You should probably set this line to DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm"
15
16 At least that's how I have mine set and it works.
19 Regards,
20
21 Colleen
25 Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org