From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:13:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:01:51 +0100 Maarten <gentoo@××××××××.org> wrote:
4
5 > I'm almost ready to reboot to 2.6.9 but a little (but potential showstopper-)
6 > problem showed up. I have two wired NICs, both of them 3Com575TX. (not a
7 > typo, it is a different card than the 3C574 or 3C589 cards) (Cardbus, 100TX)
8 > I know that I need(ed) the 3c575_cb module for it under 2.4. The thing is,
9 > that came with pcmcia-cs, not with the kernel. This new kernel has the pcmcia
10 > built-in but it seems this driver was deprecated; it just isn't there.
11
12 Did you try out the 3com-drivers in the PCI section? Most PCI drivers work for their correspondent Cardbus Card. Try to insmod them manually if they aren't loaded right from the start. You could then change the settings in /etc/pcmcia to make them recognized. I had the same issue with 8139too drivers.
13
14 HWH
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list