From: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing console font
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:34:41
1 On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:26:21 +0100
2 Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o> wrote the words:
3
4 > 2009/11/6 Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>:
5 > > So I know you change the console font in /etc/conf.d/consolefont
6 > > and I know I can find more fonts in /usr/share/consolefonts . . .
7 > > here's what I don't know.  How can I preview a font?
8 > >
9 > > Is there some way to test/view a font without having to reboot the
10 > > computer?  Plus, what is to stop me from changing the font to
11 > > something non-english and ending up with a system where I can't
12 > > read anything?  :)
13 >
14 > What about /etc/init.d/consolefont restart?
17 Hmmm... I don't know, but I'm insane enough to try it. :)
18
19 Thanks, Skippy