From: Bogo Mipps <bogo-mipps@××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to calculate Linux Kernel version [New Thread]
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:30:49
1 On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:54, Glenn Enright wrote:
2 > You still need to make sure the sources are 'bedded in' as it were, so
3 > perform the stuff described in the second part of my post as well.
4
5 Done, and there is an improvement in the error code at least:
6
7 * Determining the location of the kernel source code
8 * Found kernel source directory:
9 * /usr/src/linux
10 * Found kernel object directory:
11 * /tmp/kernel
12 * Found sources for kernel version:
13 * 2.6.12-gentoo-r10
14
15 * getfilevar requires 2 variables, with the second a valid file.
16 * getfilevar <VARIABLE> <CONFIGFILE>
17 * Could not find a usable .config in the kernel source directory.
18 * Please ensure that /usr/src/linux points to a configured set of Linux
19 sources.
20 * If you are using KBUILD_OUTPUT, please set the environment var so that
21 * it points to the necessary object directory so that it might find .config.
22
23 Why would the .config that's in the directory not be usable? I just did the
24 make oldconfig && make as you suggested - which ran without errors ...
25
26 I guess if I could read/understand bash I'd find out from "linux-info.eclass"
27 what it wanted of .config - but that's where I come unstuck.
28
29 Bogo
33 Sent via KMail 1.8.1, & o/s Linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r10
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list