From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to calculate Linux Kernel version [New Thread]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:21:10
1 On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:27, Bogo Mipps wrote:
2 > * getfilevar <VARIABLE> <CONFIGFILE>
3 > * Could not find a usable .config in the kernel source directory.
4 > * Please ensure that /usr/src/linux points to a configured set of Linux
5 > sources.
6 > * If you are using KBUILD_OUTPUT, please set the environment var so that
7 > * it points to the necessary object directory so that it might find
8 > .config.
9 >
10 > Why would the .config that's in the directory not be usable? I just did
11 > the make oldconfig && make as you suggested - which ran without errors ...
12
13 Bah! try
14 cd /usr/src/linux
15 make menuconfig
16 exit out of that and save in the process. Try the emerge again. Stupid
17 software ;)
20 "I suppose you expect me to talk."
21 Ö "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."
22 -- Goldfinger
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list