From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] running fetchmail/procmail as a service
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 05:55:48
1 Le 21 juin à 00:42:33 Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk> écrit notamment:
2
3 | I want to run fetchmail as a service and I am confused about how this works. I
4 | simply want to have something that will quietly fetch and deliver mail to
5 | maildirs to users' home directories, but that can also be disabled easily
6 | when I need that bit of extra performance for something.
7
8 To enable fetchmail as demon:
9 # /etc/init.d/fetchmail start
10
11 To have fetchmail start automatically at boot:
12 # rc-update add fetchmail default
13
14 To suspend fetchmail:
15 # /etc/init.d/fetchmail stop
16 >
17 | I assume that fetchmail will first look at /etc/fetchmailrc. Will it then look
18 | at each user's $HOME/.fetchmailrc?
19
20 Yes
24 | If so, can I assume that it will deal with each user's .procmailrc suid
25 | that user?
29 Yes; have a look at the fetchmail manual (-mda command)
30
31 regards
34 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
35 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
36 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list