From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] running fetchmail/procmail as a service
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:51:57
1 I want to run fetchmail as a service and I am confused about how this works. I
2 simply want to have something that will quietly fetch and deliver mail to
3 maildirs to users' home directories, but that can also be disabled easily
4 when I need that bit of extra performance for something.
5
6 I assume that fetchmail will first look at /etc/fetchmailrc. Will it then look
7 at each user's $HOME/.fetchmailrc? If so, can I assume that it will deal with
8 each user's .procmailrc suid that user?
9
10 If not, what do I need to do instead?
11
12 Many thanks
13 Robert
14 --