From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to tar?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:53:01
1 Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 > As things currently are gentoo_usr.tgz is in /dev/hda2,
3 > which is destined to house the /usr/portage directory. /dev/hda2
4 > is a 4.0G partition with only 74M available.
5
6 How big is gentoo_usr.tgz? What's the rest on /dev/hda2?
7
8 > /dev/hda3 will have the rest of the filesystem
9 > (and the remaining /usr directory).
10
11 What's on /dev/hda3 now? How big is it? What's on /dev/hda1?
12 Can't you move the gentoo_usr.tgz to another roomier partition?
13
14 If I get it right, /dev/hda3 is destined to become your /,
15 and /dev/hda2 your /usr/portage. Have you already upacked the rest
16 of / on /dev/hda3? How about retarring it and untarring it after
17 gentoo_usr.tgz?
18
19 > what I think is needed
20 > here is untarring of the archive, while untarred data is
21 > dynamically deleted immediately after untarred to make space for
22 > more data to be untarred . . . do I make sense?
23
24 Yes, but GNU tar cannot do that, it can only do one command at a
25 time, either --extract or --delete or ...
26
27 Benno
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list