From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:29:40
1 Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > Regarding keeping the binaries, I'll need to learn how to install
4 > compiled binaries from another box.
5 > Never, had a chance to do it yet.
6
7 DIRT simple (general scheme; ymmv).
8
9 Look at the working system. Determine where the binaries go, symlinks
10 etc etc.
11
12 "scp" the file(s) over to the damaged box (ip addresss/filepath to ip
13 address/filepath.
14
15 Sometimes you have to do other things (source a file, nuke/reinstate
16 a symlink etc etc.
17
18 That's all I've had to do on similar CPU_arch machines.
19 I try and keep profiles and use flags similar and put
20 other use flag in package specific locations.
21
22 scp is my buddy!
25 hth,
26 James