From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] i486
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:03:34
1 Hello,
2
3 I want to set up a AMD AthlonXP on Compact
4 Flash, just like I do my old pentium & i586 systems.
5 I'd really like to be able to move 4G Cf cards
6 (set up generically) between old pentium,
7 k6, i586, p4 and AthlonXP systems. (that's the goal
8 not performance, optimized for small binaries).
9
10 OK, so I'm using ext2 on a 4 G CF.
11
12 I want a universal /etc/make.conf file
13 that will work on old hardware all the way
14 up to a p4 (32bit) system, and on AMD
15 (AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2400+)
16
17 So take and look and tell me what I should
18 change and why. OK?
21 MARCH =???
22
23 CHOST="i486-pc-linux-gnu"
24 CFLAGS="-Os -march=??? -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
25 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
26 PORTAGE_NICENESS="1"
27
28 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
29 USE="-* -nls mmx ncurses ssl crypt berkdb tcpd pam perl pcre \
30 python readline zlib bzip2 nptl nptlonly syslog"
31
32 Any suggestions on flags are most welcome!
33 Ideas are most welcome!
36 James