From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package 'dev-perl/Net-DNS-1.40.0' NOT merged due to file collisions.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:17:58
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On April 11, 2016 11:04:59 AM GMT+02:00, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I did a google search and it had zero results. Long time since I seen
6 >> that happen. Anyone else run into this? Basically, portage says it is
7 >> about to clobber some files it shouldn't so it puked out all this
8 >> mess. :/
12 >> <<<< large snip >>>
16 >> Thoughts?
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-)
21 > It conflicts with "dev-perl/Net-DNS-SEC-0.220.0:0::gentoo".
22 >
23 > (See full text you quoted)
24 >
25 > Check for an existing bug and file one if there isn't any yet. Listing both packages.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Joost
29
30 Yea, it was. I haven't seen that happen in AGES. I was sort of shocked
31 that I got that and was mostly wondering if anyone else ran into it or
32 is it just me. If someone else had, I would file a roach report but
33 since it appears to be just me, it is likely something that only
34 affected me somehow. It's not like that hasn't happened before either.
35 lol
36
37 Anyway, I -C'd the thing and then deleted the files it listed. After
38 that, emerge stopped puking at me. ;-)
39
40 Thanks.
41
42 Dale