From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package 'dev-perl/Net-DNS-1.40.0' NOT merged due to file collisions.
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:29:20
1 2016-04-12 2:17 GMT-03:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 > > On April 11, 2016 11:04:59 AM GMT+02:00, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > >> Howdy,
7 > >>
8 > >> I did a google search and it had zero results. Long time since I seen
9 > >> that happen. Anyone else run into this? Basically, portage says it is
10 > >> about to clobber some files it shouldn't so it puked out all this
11 > >> mess. :/
12 > >>
13 > >>
14 > >>
15 > >> <<<< large snip >>>
16 > >>
17 > >>
18 > >>
19 > >> Thoughts?
20 > >>
21 > >> Dale
22 > >>
23 > >> :-) :-)
24 > > It conflicts with "dev-perl/Net-DNS-SEC-0.220.0:0::gentoo".
25 > >
26 > > (See full text you quoted)
27 > >
28 > > Check for an existing bug and file one if there isn't any yet. Listing
29 > both packages.
30 > >
31 > > --
32 > > Joost
33 >
34 > Yea, it was. I haven't seen that happen in AGES. I was sort of shocked
35 > that I got that and was mostly wondering if anyone else ran into it or
36 > is it just me. If someone else had, I would file a roach report but
37 > since it appears to be just me, it is likely something that only
38 > affected me somehow. It's not like that hasn't happened before either.
39 > lol
40 >
41 > Anyway, I -C'd the thing and then deleted the files it listed. After
42 > that, emerge stopped puking at me. ;-)
43 >
44 > Thanks.
45 >
46 > Dale
47 >
51 Same issue here, I 've just un-merged the package containing those files,
52 then the automatic update took care of everything else - as it seems up to
53 now.
54
55 Best regards,
56 Francisco