From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postgresql upgrade
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 11:19:26
1 On 29 July 2017 at 12:03, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Don't use kmail
5 >
6 > Seriously, why are putting up with the pain that POS is causing you?
7 > You've been posting about serious kmail and akonadi issues for about 4
8 > years now if memory serves, and it has never gotten better. It probably
9 > never will :-)
10 >
11 > It must be well more than 4 years. What can I say, you are right, I must
12 be glutton for punishment. LOL!
13
14 TBH, it has been serving me fine for quite a few years now, although the
15 migration to akonadi was a painful affair by all accounts. This was
16 originally caused by me using POP3 and a tonne of filters. I moved to
17 IMAP4 and few filters and it all worked relatively painlessly since.
18
19 This however must be a postgresql related error, as it worked fine before I
20 removed version 9.5. Any idea what this "Invalid database object during
21 initial database connection" might be and how to recover from it?
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick