From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with dracut, please
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:50:55
1 On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 16:47:46 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Hello list,
4 > >
5 > > I'm installing Gentoo on a new Juno laptop, and I've reached the point of
6 > > booting into the new system. I have a separate /usr partition and I'm
7 > > using
8 > > dracut to create an initramfs.
9 > >
10 > > On booting the new system I get an error I haven't heard of before: dracut
11 > > complaining "sysroot has no proper sysfs layout". I'm sure I've done
12 > > something stupid, but where do I start debugging this? Google hasn't
13 > > helped.
14 > I tried to google that message and it found nothing. That's not good.
15 > Makes me wonder what is causing that. Made me think a bit.
16 >
17 > Have you double checked your fstab? Maybe you missed updating a line,
18 > missed commenting something out or a typo maybe? Any strange kernel
19 > options added to your bootloader? Typo maybe? Have you double checked
20 > that the file systems you use for /boot and / are built into the kernel?
21
22 ^^This^^
23
24 Otherwise it may be some corrupt fs, in which case fsck could help.