From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 05:26:55
1 On Monday 18 May 2015 02:56:43 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 05/17/2015 02:54 PM, Mick wrote:
3 > >> Chromium now selects the whole URL when you click in the address bar.
4 > >> I'm not sure when it started doing this but it was quite recently.
5 > >
6 > > This is not a problem at all, because this address bar auto-highlighting
7 > > in Chromium does not take over the system clipboard. When I click once
8 > > it selects the whole address and I can delete it, before I middle click
9 > > to insert whatever was in the clipboard.
10 > >
11 > > As has already been commented, this won't work with FF, which replaces
12 > > the clipboard when I necessarily double click to select the content of
13 > > the address bar.
14 >
15 > I didn't even know Firefox had this behaviour when clicking the address
16 > bar, because it's something I never do.
17 >
18 > I usually use Alt+D on the keyboard, it moves the caret to the location
19 > bar and highlights its text, and I just checked, it doesn't touch the
20 > clipboard.
21 >
22 > Dan
23
24 Useful tip! I didn't know about Alt+D, thanks for sharing. :-)
27 Regards,
28 Mick