From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 01:56:53
1 On 05/17/2015 02:54 PM, Mick wrote:
2 >> Chromium now selects the whole URL when you click in the address bar. I'm
3 >> not sure when it started doing this but it was quite recently.
4 >
5 > This is not a problem at all, because this address bar auto-highlighting in
6 > Chromium does not take over the system clipboard. When I click once it
7 > selects the whole address and I can delete it, before I middle click to insert
8 > whatever was in the clipboard.
9 >
10 > As has already been commented, this won't work with FF, which replaces the
11 > clipboard when I necessarily double click to select the content of the address
12 > bar.
15 I didn't even know Firefox had this behaviour when clicking the address
16 bar, because it's something I never do.
17
18 I usually use Alt+D on the keyboard, it moves the caret to the location
19 bar and highlights its text, and I just checked, it doesn't touch the
20 clipboard.
21
22 Dan