From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QCA
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:03:46
1 On Thursday 24 April 2008, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > emerge -uDvat world
3 >
4 > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
5 >
6 > Calculating world dependencies... done!
7 > [ebuild NS ] app-crypt/qca-1.0-r2 0 kB
8 > [blocks B ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking
9 > app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
10 >
11 > Total: 1 package (1 in new slot, 1 block), Size of downloads: 0 kB
12 >
13 > !!! Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
14 > installed !!! at the same time on the same system.
17 > Can anyone tell me what's causing this? qca version 2 is installed.
18 > I can unmerge and then re-emerge it. Why is the system trying to
19 > install version 1? If it's a dependency, shouldn't the depending
20 > file be listed?
21
22 qca is recently slotted. The latest version in SLOT 0 works with SLOT 2,
23 but nothing earlier.
24
25 run 'equery depends qca' to find out if you really do need it and what
26 is pulling it in (or emerge -t). You can always:
27
28 emerge -avC qca:0 ; emerge -av qca:0
29
30 to fix it if you do want it