From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LUKS
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:31:05
1 On 1/9/06, Cláudio Henrique <rapaduraatomica@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > has anybody here used LUKS?
3
4 I'm using it on my AMD system.
5
6 > If I used on any of my HDs, will I be able to update them?
7
8 What do you mean? If you mean changing the password, yes.
9
10 > What if the
11 > data of some file gets corrupted, will I loose the whole HD?
12
13 Encryption is done in (4k?) blocks, so you should only lose the
14 corrupted block. As to whether you lose a single file or the whole
15 filesystem, that depends on the nature of the corruption and the
16 filesystem. This is no different than having a corrupted hard drive.
17
18 -Richard
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list