From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB drive dead? (Commands to check?)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:01:30
1 On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
6 > seriously, I think you should try to get off everything you want to keep - and
7 > then replace the disk with a new one. If a disk starts throwing block errors
8 > it will only become worse. Don't worry about 'repairing' the file system as
9 > long as there is hardware damage. Try to get off the disk as much as possible -
10 > and then scrap it.
14 I suspect you're right. It's just another $100 to go buy a new one....
15
16 Anyway, I'll see what I can set up to save the files that are still there.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Mark