From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:36:31
6 On 03/14/2013 07:36 PM, Alan McKinnon
7 wrote:
On 14/03/2013 13:29, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
On 03/14/2013 04:15 PM, Dale wrote:
Also, I read that Nasdaq runs a modified version of Gentoo.  Do any
17 other large corps run it that we know of?
What exactly does it mean to run a "modified version of Gentoo"? Don't
22 we all? ;)
26 I've always claimed to colleagues that there is no such thing as
27 "a running Gentoo".
28
29 There's an AlanOS, and a DaleOS and a MarkOS and they are all forks of
30 Gentoo, but nobody actually ever runs "Gentoo"
31
32 :-)
35 Smart call that you called it a "running" Gentoo rather than an
36 "installed" one, because my followup question would have been, "Well
37 what exactly does it mean to have installed Gentoo? I've had this
38 laptop two years now and I'm still not done tinkering with it!" ;)