From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo speed comparison to other distros
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:39:03
1 On 14/03/2013 13:29, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > On 03/14/2013 04:15 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Also, I read that Nasdaq runs a modified version of Gentoo. Do any
4 >> other large corps run it that we know of?
5 >>
6 > What exactly does it mean to run a "modified version of Gentoo"? Don't
7 > we all? ;)
10 I've always claimed to colleagues that there is no such thing as
11 "a running Gentoo".
12
13 There's an AlanOS, and a DaleOS and a MarkOS and they are all forks of
14 Gentoo, but nobody actually ever runs "Gentoo"
15
16 :-)
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com