From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reading ~/.xsession file
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:54:27
1 On 17/06/06, Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca> wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 >
4 > I'm having trouble getting my ~/.xsession file to read when I login. I am using XDM/KDM
5 > combination for a login manager, and I've noticed after googling that there have been
6 > problems with KDM and .xsession files in the past, but these articles date back to 2003.
7 > I use fluxbox as my preferred window manager. I know how to set things to run
8 > automatically when I start fluxbox, but I'd like it to start automatically no matter what
9 > WM I decide to use. Here is my current .xsession file:
10 >
11 > ~>cat .xsession
12 > xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
13 >
14 > I just want to define the multimedia keys on my keyboard, and make a couple of convenience
15 > changes for using emacs.
16 >
17 > Any help would be appreciated :)
18
19 I also use fluxbox (with xdm) and have also found that ~/.xsession is
20 ignored. To start apps along with fluxbox I made entries in
21 /etc/X11/Sessions/fluxbox.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick