From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading slotted KDE
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:36:18
1 On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:47:56 +0200 (CEST), Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 > > > short question: Am I allowed to run a KDE-session
4 > > > while upgrading to a slotted version of KDE ?
5
6 Of course it's onme of the benefits of slotting it.
7
8 > ....in this (lucky) case I would have another question:
9 > Can I "switch" between both slots, or how is this handled ?
10
11 You'll find options for both versions in the Session menu of KDM/GDM.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 NOTE: The most fundamental particles in your computer are held together
18 by a "glueing" force about which little is known and whose adhesive power
19 cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed.