From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, bo.andresen@××××.dk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading slotted KDE
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:55:54
1 From: Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading slotted KDE
3 Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:14:48 +0200
4
5 > On Saturday 17 June 2006 18:01, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
6 > > short question: Am I allowed to run a KDE-session
7 > > while upgrading to a slotted version of KDE ?
8 >
9 > Sure. This isn't Windows. :) If the upgrade installs KDE in a new slot it does
10 > not affect the old slot in any way. You can even delete program while it is
11 > running. You just cannot start it again if you close it or it crashes after
12 > it has been deleted.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Bo Andresen
16
17 Hi Bo,
18
19 thanks for your reply ! :)
20
21 ....in this (lucky) case I would have another question:
22 Can I "switch" between both slots, or how is this handled ?
23
24 Keep hacking!
25 mcc
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list