From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading slotted KDE
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:22:07
1 On Saturday 17 June 2006 18:47, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > ....in this (lucky) case I would have another question:
3 > Can I "switch" between both slots, or how is this handled ?
4
5 Please keep your replies on list only, i.e. don't include me in the To field.
6
7 When you install two versions into separate slots they are simply installed in
8 different places on the hard drive. Assuming you are speaking of KDE 3.4 and
9 3.5, 3.4 is installed to /usr/kde/3.4 and 3.5 is installed to /usr/kde/3.5.
10 If you are using kdm to log in to KDE you can simply choose either KDE 3.4 or
11 3.5 each time you log in. It's as simple as that. If that doesn't answer your
12 question then please have a look at [1]. And if you are still confused then
13 please rephrase your question.
14
15 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml
18 Bo Andresen