From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MTRR setting? Where could I have put it?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:22:26
1 On Mittwoch 21 Januar 2009, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Hi list:
3 >
4 > I need some help with my memory.
5 >
6 > Recently when I quit the X server, the following can be seen in the
7 > sys log:
8 >
9 > Jan 20 18:06:34 e-nibbles mtrr: no MTRR for e8000000,2000000 found
10 >
11 > and on the TTY where I issued X init, a similar message is shown,
12 > but the message is not echoed in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
13 >
14 > Now, I remember having entered something like that somewhere way
15 > back, when I was using the ATI drivers for my laptop (instead of the
16 > radeon drivers from Xorg). The problem is, I cannot remember where
17 > such a line would possibly go! Does anyone have any ideas where I
18 > can start searching?
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance,
21 >
22 > W
23
24 don't do it. Just don't do that. It should not be necessary. Instead look at
25 the mtrr cleanup options in make menuconfig.